The following pages are available within the WAGONS Mereham site.
- The home page
- Latest updates on this website
- News stories which have appeared in local and national news
- Information from the Wilburton and Stretham public exhibitions
- Information about the transport proposals, and what effect they are likely to have locally
- Discussion on the housing elements of the proposal
- The original petition, and subsequent appeal
- The public consultation 'survey' from the public exhibition, and still no telephone survey results (promised by Multiplex representative in 2005!)
- Contact us to add you comments about the Mereham proposal
- PDF file - Overview of the proposal
Why is Mereham needed?
- PDF file - The Government says we need houses, perhaps better immigration control would help?
- PDF file - small, tighly packed 'modern' housing - even the architect wasn't keen!
- PDF file - what may happen in the future, just as it did in Cambourne. Oh, but no college. Police? Ambulance service? Fire service...
Open space & wetlands
- PDF file - it's already open space, until someone decides to put 1000's of houses on it and call it "regeneration".
- PDF file - apparently comprehensive in-depth studies have taken place, but they still can't answer any questions and don't know where Cambridge is!
- widening it will make it safer and increase capacity, somehow...but they can't tell us how...
Park and Ride
- their magic buses will get 1000's of people to Cambridge in 28 minutes, and all for £2.00. Fantastic.
- what some local Parish Councils have to say - and Multiplex didn't consider.
- fill in the form that was at the public exhibitions - we will show the results (unlike certain websites)
- apparently people in Wilburton and Stretham were asked some questions, and we were promised the results, we seek them here, we seek them there, we can't find them anywhere